Monday, September 22, 2008

This Week the Trend

One day in the beginning of June I took off work to go to a doctor's appointment in Pittsburgh, which is about three hours away from my house. I have epilepsy and my doctor suggested I follow a normal sleeping pattern in order to avoid having another seizure. Working from 11pm-7am didn't really allow for that, so I went into work the next week and requested to be sent to 2nd shift for a trial run. I was pretty pumped because there's this hottie on 2nd that I had my eye on. There was an opening, and I took it. But of course, my last night of 3rd I worked with this kid, Noah, who kind of has the rocker look with gauges in his ears. He had me laughing the entire time. Then I started getting interested in him... (I'm a serial crusher. I tend to fall for any cute guy that is nice to me. It's bad.)

One night I was out putting lids together in the warehouse (soooooo boring!) when Hottie walked by and began wrapping a strap onto a big roll attached to the wall. So I did what I usually did while employed by these people and I made any excuse to stop working and socialize. I grabbed a strap from nearby and went over and began wrapping it on the huge roll next to him. I can't even remember what we said, only that I thought he was adorable! He smiles. A LOT. He laughs about every little thing and is honestly in a good mood 24/7. It's infectious. The first thing I loved about him was his height. You have to understand, when I see a guy that's tall, I go nuts. It makes me incredibly happy. He's about 6'3", which is perfect. It's yummy. He has brown shaggy hair and brown eyes and a cute smile. His teeth are a little crooked, which I found to be so endearing.

Halfway through that week I realized that 2nd shift was not for me. I was late three out of the five days that I was there, and I missed everyone on 3rd terribly, even though the people on 2nd were just as nice and awesome. Every night that I had to see the 3rd shifters on my way out made me want to stay and work with them. So when I went in at 3pm on Friday, I talked to the 2nd shift foreman and requested to be moved back to 3rd for the following week. He consented.

But I wasn't done yet. I asked around for Hottie's name on my last night and they told me it was Chris. I also found out that he was a returning college student, and that last year he worked on 3rd but was always late, which I thought was funny. I had told my friends about my inner struggle between Noah and Chris and they wanted pictures, so I found Chris after work on that last day and got into stealth mode. I was all sly and genius and told him that he looked like a friend of mine and could I take a picture of him and send it to my "friend"? He agreed, lol! He's the nicest guy, but he's a tad bit dim. Which I thought was even more endearing. Anyway, I was sad to leave him, but I was super excited to head back to 3rd and Noah.

No comments: