Wednesday, September 17, 2008

11:11 P.M. (Part 2)

We talked about pugs for a bit. And how he used to have one when he lived in Georgia, but had to give it to a friend when he moved back up to PA. Now he wants a black pug puppy. It didn't take long for us to warm up to each other, and he quickly became one of my favorite people to work with. We all pretty much just spent the time talking and joking around with each other, bullshitting.

Over the next few weeks we didn't work together at all. He joked and called me emo every time he walked by and I'd laugh and say, "Damn straight, don't you forget it!" Once I remember I was boxes of foam for our line and he was nearby getting ink for his next run and he came over and said,
"You know I'm just teasing when I call you emo, right?"
"Yeah, of course."
"Okay. I didn't want you to take offense or get mad or something."
"No, no, no, no, no. Don't worry about it, it's cool."
"Okay, good. Now get back to work!"

"Get back to work" became our new thing and we never missed the opportunity to sling it at each other. We would work next to each other, but not with each other. Which didn't really bother me, because we hadn't made that real connection yet. And besides, nothing would ever come out of it because he was too short. And I didn't go for the short guys because of my already low self-esteem issues...

No comments: