Sunday, September 28, 2008

In Fate's Hands

At the same time all this was happening, I had also given my number to Chris, the hottie from 2nd. He texted me one night and I thought I was going to lose it. So I kind of had all these guys thrust into my life after complaining all the time about being single. I still didn't think of TJ in that way yet, because I was too preoccupied with Noah and Chris. Especially after Chris and I started texting.

But to make a long story short and get back on the right track, neither one of them panned out. First of all, I asked my friends for help with my dilemma and they chose Chris over Noah. And then I found out that Noah was sleeping with this other girl on our shift. Who also happened to be engaged, FYI... and I didn't want any of that, so I put all of my attention on Chris.

And then my friend said she saw him at the Applebee's where she worked and he was with a girl. So I casually approached him about it and he of course steered clear of that subject. Then one night he started texting me the worst things. He was sending me really dirty things about threesomes and just all sorts of bad stuff. he apologized the next day and said he had been drinking, but I saw a side of him that I just didn't like.

I didn't really have that high of hopes for either one working out, so they weren't big let-downs. TJ and I were still texting back and forth through all of this, and we didn't really start getting flirty until the one day when he texted me and said he was bored. This was right after work. I'm always dead to the world right after work. I can't tell you how many times I almost fell asleep on the drive home and every morning as soon as I got home I would eat some breakfast and then go straight to bed. I would fall asleep as soon as my head hit the pillow.

Anyway, he texted me that he was bored. And I said, because I was so tired, that he should come over and we would have a nap. I was just kidding. I wasn't even thinking about it, I was just so tired. He actually thought it sounded like a good idea. And then of course my heart did that little flippy thing that they do sometimes and I started thinking. It was a thrill. Like when you get on a roller coaster and you're all buckled in and they begin to pull you up the hill. That's how I felt. Excited in a way. You know what I mean? I got goose bumps and would get this goofy-ass grin just thinking about it. I still do.

1 comment:

Ashley said...

its about time to see more posts-The suspense is killing me though-you really should be a novel writer, I think thats your destiny