Thursday, September 11, 2008

Here It Goes

Every story has a beginning. And every beginning has an end. This is the story of how TJ dropped into my life in May and thrust me out of his in August. A friend of mine once told me that everyone has a story. And all they want is for someone to sit down, shut the fuck up and listen to it. Well, pop a squat and get comfy, because this is my story. Our story. And let me warn you right now, it'll probably be choppy. Like all of the papers I write. My mind just bounces around from one thought to another in a split second and I have the sneaking suspicion that ADD might be present...

It all began back in May when I started work as a 3rd shift assembler at a factory that makes plastic cups. Yeah, I know, what a shitty job. And it all came courtesy of my father, who firmly believed the experience would encourage me to stay in college so I didn't have to spend the rest of my life there. And he was absolutely right. And it didn't help that I finished school on a Thursday and started working that Sunday night either.

I hate starting new jobs. I am the most anti-social person I know. It all stems from chronic shyness. I don't know how or when it developed, or when it will finally go away, but until then, I don't talk to people. And I worry about the dumbest things you could possibly imagine. I get myself so worked up about these things that I often spend my life on the verge of an emotional and mental breakdown. And I cry. A lot. I'm pretty lame. And I'll be the first to admit it. Wow, this is sounding boring. And whoever is singing over there has an okay voice, but she can't really hit those high notes... perhaps she should take her headphones off so she knows just how loud she is. Ahhhh, the joys of the school library! I just hope my laptop arrives soon so I can avoid this place. Til then, I'm stuck. I hate to leave you hanging, but it is bedtime. At 10:30, you ask? Told you I'm lame.


No comments: