Sunday, January 4, 2009

GAME OVER.

The shittiest day of my new year (hopefully) is going to end in roughly an hour and a half. It's been a blast, it really has. However, I will also mark this day as the turning point in my ridiculously wishful life. I'm a dreamer. I have a lot of dreams and this was just the day to get that particular ball rolling. First off, I must say, no matter how much TMI it might be, I started last night. So maybe that will allow you to emathize with me a little more. Here's what happened. It's not going to seem like a big deal, but keep in mind that I'm flying my red flag at the moment.

1) One of my suite-mates, D, joined me at school today. This is an inconvenience as I have had a little too much Christmas vacation and family-time and would like to be alone. I'm moody enough without my period, but this peeved me off. She stayed in her room playing music, and I stayed in mine. I played the Offspring's "Why Don't You Get A Job?" Remember this. I'll snap because of it later.

2) The D-SAB sign I made for my favorite member of the Penguins won't stay on the fucking wall. I've got tape all over the thing, but it keeps falling.

3) My sister, nicknamed Neener, went back home because she has school. Neener is my anti-cranky. She always knows how to make me laugh. I miss her already.

4) Ronna, Chad and I went to see Marley & Me. I read the book and knew what to expect, yet I still cried during the last 10-15 minutes of the movie. This dampened the collar of my shirt and made my nose all red and shiny when my makeup came off. Also, crying in front of people makes me cranky.

5) We stopped at their house on the way to school to pick up my camera. Ronna came out to the car with my memory card, apologizing and saying she would buy me a new camera due to the fact that their LABRADOR puppy had eaten it. The irony of the situation pissed me off. To come home from Marley & Me to find that their lab puppy had eaten my camera just took the cake. I bought the camera on Friday. It lasted a whopping two days.

6) No one was answering any of my texts. This pisses me off because I text. A LOT. And it's just frustrating when no one replies to you.

7) Ronna dropped me off at school and I came up to our suite and this is where I lost it.

8) It was the same as I left it. D was in her room with the door shut, blaring music. And lo and behold, what was she playing? The Offspring's, "Why Don't You Get A Job?" I couldn't listen to it. My warped, red-flag-flying brain could only think she had heard me playing it earlier and had downloaded it while I had been gone or had (even worse) shared my iTunes library. She was playing it at an unreasonable level and I couldn't whip my iPod out fast enough to drown it out.

9) My D-SAB poster met me cheerfully from my bedroom floor AGAIN, dammit. I cursed just a bit as I taped it back up there, nearly exhausting my supply of tape.

10) At this time I was hit with such a strong urge to leave. To turn around and walk right back out that door. I had to get away. I felt trapped. I turned up my iPod and paced the room quickly. I would stop from time to time and grab the roots of my hair and bunch it in my fists. I was bawling. This lasted for about 10 minutes before I got my phone and slammed out of the suite to the basement to call my mom. She cheered me up a bit.

11) Went back up to the room and turned on the tv. Fun With Dick and Jane was on. This helped. I love Jim Carrey. Turned it up and haven't heard D's music since. Thank the Good Lord above.

12) Got online and checked my Myspace and here was the last thing I needed to see today. One of my friends, M, has posted pictures of her New Year's. And right there up front were TJ and his new girlfriend sucking face. So I creeped a little bit and looked at the rest of them. Which did nothing to improve my mood. Nothing at all.

I am a woman scorned and I have had enough. I can't do this anymore. It's a combination of a lot of things, really. The stars and planets have aligned and the universe has finally gotten my attention. This is it. He wants a war, and I shall give him one.

No comments: